Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
andywhan

Disobey Sign 182(2)

by: andywhan on

Hi, i just got a ticket for Disobey sign 182(2) for being in a "carpool/bus" lane. I believe the lane is time limited (east of eglinton) during rush hour. I got the ticket @ approximately 3:15 and also the officer claims he was "trailing for some time". Well the stretch of land was less then one kilometer but in that area that was only 2 blocks! Secondly, the lane i was in was the same lane I needed to be in to make a right to get onto the highway (DVP). Any help here would be appreciated thanks.

andywhan

At 3PM there is basically no traffic going to the highway (on eglinton). That is why i believe there is a time frame operating.

Traffic Law

by: Traffic Law on

What helps is to know what are the time restrictions on the sign?

Did you drive in that lane during restricted times? If yes, then did you drive there for a distance more than 45 meters? If yes, you are correctly charged.

andywhan

Yes i understand what you are saying. A traffic officer has every right to give you a parking ticket if you are even 1 second over time limit. Follow the letter of the law he should and could do so. But, is doing so really following the spirit of the law or in anyway practical. Hell why doesn't that officer just ticker a jay walker that doesn't cross at a light or charge a person for littering when he accidently drops a candy wrapper without noticing.

Post a Reply