calmcoolcollected

Help With Courtroom Questions

by: calmcoolcollected on

hi, my day in court is pending (fri). Ive requested and received disclosure; and read through ticket combat throughly. Although I will read through it again soon, I wanted to ask for any assistance from ppl with experience in the proceedings.

Ultimately, I believe the vector reading, taking from the moving police car gave an incorrect reading. The 'research' ive looked at states that vector readings, similar to my instance, would favour me (that is, make me appear to have been moving slower, not faster. However, there are supposedly cases where the inverse is true). The long and short of it is I was not travelling 124 in an 80. Possibly 100, but I would peg it at just under that speed. But I cant really walk into court, and stamp my feet stating 'I was not going that fast'...

What are 3 questions I could ask to help with my case?

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

I'm not going to suggest any specific questions, but what I can say is that if you go into court and admit that you were speeding, but say you weren't going as fast as the officer alleges, you will be convicted and at the speed you were charged at. I have seen it happen numerous times.

The JP in their summary usually refers to the fact that the defendant acknowledged they were speeding, however was not able to present any evidence as to their speed or that it was lower than what is alleged. The officer, on the other hand, had a device specifically used to measure the speed of moving vehicles and that speed is to be believed.

If you are going to say, "I was speeding, but not that fast", you better have something to back it up.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
calmcoolcollected

Which is the frustrating thing I guess: no one drives the speed limit, there is an agreed upon overage; and the officer stated as much. That, that particular day, his dispatch was targeting ppl going 30+ clicks over the limit, amazingly I was (apparently) 1km outside that daily limit.

The cop, nor the JP will drive the speed limit to the courhouse on Friday.

There's nothing that proves my speed (on my side), I don't wear a video recorder at all times while driving. However, I know for a fact that the reading is inaccurate, as my 5 yr old son can atest (however, I would like subject him to courtroom time). So Iam Asking for assistance in ways to prove that his reading is wrong. His car was a moving vehicle, cresting a hill, so was not on, or near my vector, which makes his reading inaccuarate.

Suggesting questions doenst mean ill use them, if that makes you feel more secure in suggesting them 8-)

calmcoolcollected

Which is the frustrating thing I guess: no one drives the speed limit, there is an agreed upon overage; and the officer stated as much. That, that particular day, his dispatch was targeting ppl going 30+ clicks over the limit, amazingly I was (apparently) 1km outside that daily limit.

The cop, nor the JP will drive the speed limit to the courhouse on Friday.

There's nothing that proves my speed (on my side), I don't wear a video recorder at all times while driving. However, I know for a fact that the reading is inaccurate, as my 5 yr old son can attest (however, I would not subject him to courtroom time). So Iam Asking for assistance in ways to lead the prosecution in agreeing that vector can impact reading(s). His car was a moving vehicle, cresting a hill, so was not on, or near my vector, which makes his reading inaccuarate.

Suggesting questions doenst mean ill use them, if that makes you feel more secure in suggesting them 8-)

Post a Reply