Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
dillo

Fail To Allow Afford Reasonable Opportunity

by: dillo on

I was recently given a ticket for Fail To Allow Afford Reasonable Opportunity to Avoid Collision. I was traveling southbound on a 2 lane highway. I slowed down and signaled a left hand turn to go into a plaza. As I was turning a car who was attempting to pass 4 other cars as well as mine struck me sending my car flipping over into a ditch. That driver and I both received $110 tickets as well as 3 demerit points. My question is how many cars can you legally pass on a 2 lane highway. If you could also point mew to the specific section of the highway safety act that would be amazing and much, much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

There is nothing in the legislation that says how many vehicles you can pass. All it says is that a movement can not be made unless it can be done so safely. If your movement caused a collision the officer is probably taking that as evidence of the fact that it was unsafe, hence the ticket.

That being said, I'm not sure if that's the right ticket for the situation. I can't tell from what you've posted but it doesn't seem right.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Post a Reply