Improper right turn - Discuss the HTA here
kannada

Ticket While Waiting To Enter The School Kiss & Ride

by: kannada on

Hi

Happy New year 2010.

Today while I was waiting in a line of vehicles on the right lane to enter the Clark blvd. school kiss and ride, the cop came and gave $65 ticket to all the vehicles which were in the lane. The ticket says high way traffic act 170(12) and offense is interfere with traffic. There was a "no parking sign" but not "no standing" sign. We were all seated in the car and not left the car parking on the road. It is the most common scene on all the school area. All the vehicles were turned on their right indicator.

As I understand if there is "no parking" sign we can stop the vehicle but can not park. If there is a "no standing" sign we can not even stop the vehicle to drop or pick a passanger.

Please let me know whether I did any offense here? This is my first ticket and do not want to pay if I am not at fault.

Thanks in advance for any suggetion :evil:

kannada

by: kannada on

You should definitely dispute this ticket.

Interfere with traffic offence does not have any demerit points but may still affect you driving abstract.

Thank you very much for your reply. I am in the process of obtaining pictures of similar scene near other schools in this area. Any suggestions/ inputs are highly appreciated

Post a Reply