hwybear

Posting Awards

Re: Some More Ideas.

by: hwybear on

coolcustomer wrote:Before we were beeing stopped, the opposing traffic had ambulances with their sirens and lights on and immediately followed by an 18 wheelers who coudn't stay on his side of the road, seriously, we were forced veer on the shoulder to avoid him.

An EMS(s) approaching, your vehicle should have been completely STOPPED on the shoulder.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
coolcustomer

by: coolcustomer on

Yes a 4 cylinder can travel above the limit fairly easily, but not without the driver notticing he is speeding. It is much noisier. You see, if we never had a speeding ticket before, that means we actually drive carefully and the only way we would be speeding is if we didn't nottice. My last car was a Chrysler Concorde and I remember touching 140 once on the freeway without even realising I was speeding, it's just such a comftorble ride and the engine is just soo quiet. Thats what I'm meaning.

THe EMS was driving the opposite side of the road and had a clear path. The trucker was right behind.

The fact is, and I can prove it with video's is that the officer identified a pair of headlights and the only thing he could tell was there were two cars involved, the only way for him to tell was to physically catch up them and hope the vehicles were still in the right order. When the officer lost sight of us, probably behind that Chev Cav. Thats probably when I got passed.

Ok, I need to be clearer, thank you.

If you look at the evidence, there is absolutely no details in the notes soo I'm just guessing at what happened? Soo if the officer mentions some details that I know nothing of, thats when I should stand up and shout out my objections as he is introducing new evidence from 3 months back that were not already in his notes correct? Isn't that part of my section 7 bill of rights?

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

coolcustomer wrote:THe EMS was driving the opposite side of the road and had a clear path.

Not to hijack the thread....but that is still the most concerning item....the driver not responding to an approaching emergency vehicle

159. (1) The driver of a vehicle, upon the approach of a police vehicle upon which a lamp is producing intermittent flashes of red light or red and blue light, OR upon the approach of an ambulance, fire department vehicle which a lamp is producing intermittent flashes of red light, shall immediately bring such vehicle to a standstill

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
coolcustomer

by: coolcustomer on

Never in 15 years, when an ambulance ems going the oposite direction had a safe and clear path did I ever pull over to the side. The only exeption is unless unless I was somehow blocking his path. Nor have I ever seen anyone doing it on any major freeway or hwy, cause there is always one going by at all hours. I do pull to the right lane and stop on city streets mind you. Like the autoban, you never stop your car on the 400, 401 or 427 unless there is a traffic jam, even for an ambulance cause your asking for a car crash. From what I understand your only supposed to move to the far side of the road and to do it only when it is safe to do soo.

There are lots of stupid laws. In Toronto, A by-law officers charges a group of jogging seniors for well, jogging in a group but the bi-law actually states that any PAID group organisation or service to use the park must have a permit.

Now lets not forget the new law that when a police officer has a vehicle stoped, your supposed to move over one lane and slow down to 70 or 80 kph's on the hwy?

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

Wait, was the highway divided?

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

coolcustomer wrote:Now lets not forget the new law that when a police officer has a vehicle stoped, your supposed to move over one lane and slow down to 70 or 80 kph's on the hwy?

You have a problem with that law?

How about if someone drives a 3000-pound car two feet from your desk at 80 miles an hour? That's the equivalent of not moving over and slowing down. On top of that, the situation at traffic stops can change rapidly. People try to flee, pull out, things fall onto the roadway (including people), people get out of their cars, etc., all without looking. It not only puts the officers and the people who are stopped in danger, it puts YOU in danger. I almost killed someone in Michigan when he made a sudden U-turn across three lanes of traffic on I-94 to cut to the grass median and get away from the State Police after he got pulled over. Looked like it was a normal stop, everyone behaving normally, but suddenly there it happened. If myself and another motorist who were approaching hadn't moved over and reduced our speeds, we both would've been seriously injured or killed.

Do you know who Chuck Mercier, Margaret Eve, James McFadden, and Tyler Boutlier are? They're OPP officers who died after vehicles who did not move over hit and killed them. Since they put the law in place, ZERO OPP officers have died on the side of the highway in similar circumstances. Draw your own conclusions.

Post a Reply