A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Prenusha Pillay

Source For: 4 Dots On G License Meaning You Can Be The Accompanying Driver To A G1.

by: Prenusha Pillay on

Hi there,

Does anyone have the official link / reliable source to the information whereby if you have 4 dots on your G license you can be the accompanying driver?

We have recently moved to Canada and my husband has his G license and I the G1 so wanted to clarify that I can indeed drive with him as the accompanying driver.

He has more than 10 years of international experience but only 3 months of Canadian driving experience. He has 4 dots on his G license (no red line though).

The previous link to the drivetest website no longer works. I cannot find this on the new website.

Any help is most appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

O. Reg. 340/94: DRIVERS' LICENCES

5 (2) A person is qualified to act as an accompanying driver if he or she,

(a) is a fully licensed driver in a Class G motor vehicle;

(b) has been licensed in Ontario or another jurisdiction for at least four years; and

(c) meets the applicable requirements of the Act and the regulations, including any requirement to wear corrective lenses but not including any requirement for any special or modified controls applicable to the accompanying driver’s licence. O. Reg. 340/94, s. 5 (2); O. Reg. 83/05, s. 4; O. Reg. 205/10, s. 2 (2).

Drivetest
*Proof of 4 year driving experience is indicated on an Ontario driver's license by 4 dots on the front of the card.
Post a Reply