Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Regarding "No Trucks" signage
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:04 pm 

Wasn't sure where to put this, so figured here was my best bet. I have a question regarding the rules behind the no truck signs you see on side streets, and can't seem to find any information on it. The hta doesn't say anything that i could see.

Basically, it was my understanding that those no truck signs reffered to heavy commercial trucks, such as 5 ton trucks or greater (that you need a commercial license to operate). I work for one of the big well known courier companies, and one of my co-workers was telling me the other day he was driving down a side street that has one of those signs (it was a one way, he had a delivery on the next side street which was also one way, going in the opposite direction). He was pulled over by an UC and told residents were complaining about increased traffic because of the pan am games, so they were enforcing the no truck signs and local traffic only in a blitz. He was told he could get a ticket for $110 and 3 points but she gave him a warning and told him he can only go down streets which he can prove he has deliveries for (side streets).

We drive step vans (can par, ups, puralotor, fed ex etc). You don't need a commercial license to drive them, and I wasn't under the impression they were considered "Heavy Trucks". So what defines a heavy truck, as per those signs? And is there an unspoken law that says you can't use a side street unless you live on it?

If anyone can help point me in the right direction for some info, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Re: Regarding "No Trucks" signage
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:52 pm 

There's more information about this topic in another thread: post34388.html

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Refusal to pay "Penalty" "Fine" Debt.

jasoncrosby

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:00 pm

viper1 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Definition of "traffic" and "Ticket"

canadaguy

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:52 am

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. "Disobey Sign" HTA 182(2) (Hwy 7 & Swansea Rd)

baklava

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Simon Borys View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Officer wrote wrong date on "expired validation sticker"

Mckjeff

Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Mckjeff View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. How is the fine amount decided for"Amber light fail to stop"

mangal

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:43 am

tdottopcop View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Red Light - plea bargain to "Disobey Lane Lights"??

SlickSilver

Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:49 am

Sask View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Combination of "vehicles" exceeds G Class license max wgt

OvrBoard68

Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Passing Thru View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Careless reduced to "Fail to Drive in Marked Lane" Guelph

ME AGAIN

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:36 am

argyll View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 144 in 100 - Hwy 403 "turnaround" radar?

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2 ]

ponyboyt

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:18 pm

ponyboyt View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. "Failure to stop at red light"--Ticket at Critical

BR

Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:00 pm

racer View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Keeping Quiet (" Complete Silence") : Police Traff

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2, 3 ]

nexxen90

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Careless Driving Charge w/ 1-Day Suspension "Warning"

mr_dimsum

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:59 am

mr_dimsum View the latest post