A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Sarahcath

Payment Made 4 Days Late, But Able To Pay And Shows As Active. Am I Ok?

by: Sarahcath on

I need some advice! I received a speeding ticket from the OPP for going 114 in a 90 zone on March 4. Today, 19 days later, I realized I hadn’t paid and was shocked to see the 15 day payment period on the back.

Regardless of the late date (it still would have been late on Thursday and Friday), I was able to make the payment online, the status of the ticket shows “Active” (not sure what other statuses there are) and I even paid the $2 to make sure my license is not suspended as I am crossing the border into the US tomorrow (will also be back tomorrow).

Is there still a possibly my license could be suspended, or further payments could be required? I didn’t see any indication anywhere it was in default, but I would appreciate any advice! I am going to keep checking it’s status too to ensure the payment goes through and there are no additional fees. I’m more concerned about the possibility of suspension.

Thank you!

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

If the website accepted your payment then you should be fine. While they can technically get a default judgment against you after 15 days, it usually takes them more like 30-90 days to actually get around to it.

Post a Reply