The proposed Keeping OntarioÃƒÂ¢Ã‚â‚¬Ã‚â„¢s Roads Safe Act and supporting amendments to the Highway Traffic Act would:
- Increase fines for distracted driving to a range of $300 to $1,000, up from a range of $60 to $500, and assign three demerit points upon conviction.
- Increase fines for drivers for dooring cyclists to a range of $300 to $1,000, up from a range of $60 to $500, and raise the demerit points from two to three.
- Require all drivers to maintain a distance of one metre when passing cyclists.
- Require drivers to yield the whole roadway to pedestrians at school crossings and pedestrian crossovers.
The proposed amendments to the Highway Traffic Act would also address impaired driving and include:
- Requiring all drivers who repeatedly drive with an excessive blood-alcohol concentration to complete an alcohol education program followed by an alcohol treatment and monitoring program.
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests