Just Got Ticket !?

Moderators: hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, bend, Decatur

Bambus
Just Got Ticket !?

Unread post by Bambus on

Hello,
My first post, great forum.

Just received a ticket for $325. I was pulled over by a city PO. Showed him my license - to my suprize it was expired. Explained to him that i did not receive any notice to renew, and when I got the sticker renewed, no one mentioned my license expired that day :x Also, i explained that the only time i look at my license is when i get pulled over, and I have not been pulled over in a long time. He issued the ticket N E ways. here is the thing: ticket stated - "NO LICENSE" cited Sec.32(1). I looked it up and it states "32. (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway unless the motor vehicle is within a class of motor vehicles in respect of which the person holds a driver’s licence issued to him or her under this Act. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 32 (1)." I HAD A LICENSE .
Should I go and plead quilty with explanation? (which only will reduce the ticket to $200 hopefuly/probably) OR got to trial and try to gett it cleared completely?

KICKER-> The PO was good enough to let me drive home (on my expired license) to avoid towing the car. I said Thank You.

Please advize.
Thnx

Reflections

Unread post by Reflections on

Your license is your responsibility, and driving with an expired lisence is the same as no license at all. Never count on someone else to look out for you. I know not much help but that is life....
http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com

hwybear

Unread post by hwybear on

Reflections in right on the nose :!:

Expired = no licence at all.

Lucky day for you that the officer was so nice and let you continue....I personally would not have.

Even more luck that you did not have a collision.....I have yet to see/hear of an insurance company covering the cost of a collision when the actual owner who is driving does not have a licence.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca

Return to “General Talk”