Ontario Highway Traffic Act - Failing to signal
dgs

How To Request A Trial Date?

by: dgs on

if my ticket is issued in Hamilton and I want to request a trial date, can I go to the Provincial court office in my home town of Milton to request a trial date? i never go to Hamilton and would prefer not to just to appear and request a trial date...and request dislcosure.

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

dgs wrote:if my ticket is issued in Hamilton and I want to request a trial date, can I go to the Provincial court office in my home town of Milton to request a trial date? i never go to Hamilton and would prefer not to just to appear and request a trial date...and request dislcosure.

Mail your request for everything, along with your ticket, with Option 3 checked off (" I wish to dispute my traffic ticket" or something to that effect), to the address on the back of your ticket. Suggest you use registered mail (Purolator, UPS, FedEx, CP registered mail), to prove that you did send out request for disclosure. Follow instructions of Ticketcombat's site, you'll do fine.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
liveontheedge

by: liveontheedge on

It looks like the collision involved 3 parties (as i understand from your thread), all parties and the cop have to be at the trial or case is dismissed. Your chance of the case being dropped is great.

For a rearend collision it is clear who are at fault, all 3 parties are happy with decision made by insurance (ie cars are fixed , deductible is waived) why bother showing up in court, give each other a break!

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

Still, I wouldn't want to get 2 points because someone who doesn't pay any attention rear-ends someone in front of me lol. Not showing up will not get the ticket dropped to the lady that dgs himself rear-ended.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

Just be careful and review the back of your ticket. In some municipalities, like Toronto, you have to show up in person to set a court date.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
Post a Reply