No sign at place ticket given

nosign
No sign at place ticket given

Unread post by nosign on

My wife was driving on the 417 yesterday and went the wrong direction. This portion the exits are farther apart than normal. She say a portion to do a U turn and looked for a sign and didn't see one, so she did a U turn to head back the other way.

The officer pulled her over some time after and said that she didn't obey the sign, and she said she didn't see a no U-turn sign and that is why she did it. He said, it didn't matter because everyone knows that those are for emergency vehicles only. So he gave her a ticket for failing to obey signs. I went to google earth and sure enough there is no sign about U-turn or emergency vehicles only. Would I be able to fight this ticket?

Here is the picture. My question is how can you get a ticket for failing to disobey a sign, if there isn't one there?
Attachments
nosign.gif
No sign at U-turn on 417.
nosign.gif (119.5 KiB) Viewed 465 times

ynotp

Posting Awards

Unread post by ynotp on

I think you are right but there are a lot of things you can get a ticket for without a sign being present. He should have given a ticket for driving on the shoulder.

daggx
Posting Awards

Unread post by daggx on

Sounds like you have a decent argument for getting this dropped but you will need some evidence that the sign isn't there. I would go back ASAP and see if you can get your own photo showing that there is no sign as the court won't except a Google Maps print out as evidence. There is a good thread on this site about getting pictures admitted as evidence that would be worth reading.

Return to “Failing to obey signs”