35 Over but then G2 Expired

Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:24 pm

35 Over but then G2 Expired

by: zoch3190 on
Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:36 pm

So I had a G2, and while driving up north I was ticketed for speeding 35 over. However, my G2 expired around the end of August and my court date is not until January. If I get a new G1 and then G2, won't the license number change? What happens to tickets on licenses (G2's) that expire and how should I proceed (fight points vs. fine)? Any feedback is appreciated!!

Thanks :?: :?
High Authority
High Authority
Posts: 1722
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:18 pm

by: jsherk on
Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:52 pm

If you get a new G1 and G2 it will still be attached to you (whether or not the number is changed) and they will still know about the old one that expired.

35 over is 4 points and MAY be an automatic license suspension for a G2 driver (others can confirm).

If you are considering a plea deal, then you would want it dropped to 29 over which is 3 demerit points, but no suspension.

To see if you have a defense, you will need to get disclosure (officers notes) before you can decide if you have a defense to it or not. Plead Not Guilty and request a trial with the officer present. Once you get your notice of trial, then you can ask for disclosure (copy of officers notes and copy of manual).
+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests