35-40 Over But Not Issued A Ticket

chombom

35-40 Over But Not Issued A Ticket

Unread post by chombom »

hello, first time user,

i had gotten pulled over for the first time going between 35-40. Officer took my information but I did not have to sign anything so i am wondering if am i going to get charged and lose points even if i didn't sign/see a ticket??

ynotp

Posting Awards

Unread post by ynotp »

If you were not given a ticket at the scene they have 6 months from the offence date to issue a summons for any potential charges.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

Did the officer say he was going to charge you? I don't see why he wouldn't have simply issued you a ticket at the time he had you stopped if that was his intention. It sounds like you simply got a warning. And FYI you don't have to sign anything at the side of the road when you get a ticket.

Observer135

Posting Awards

Unread post by Observer135 »

Not all officers are traffic enforcement, so depending on how he got your speed, it could also be the case that he took all your info to pass it along to another officer to issue a ticket. At times they don't even have a ticket book in their cruiser.

If that is the case, then both officers will have to show up at court to testify.

This is a very rare case, the officers words that I was speaking to was "if I really wanted to press the issue, I can radio another cruiser to the scene to issue a ticket"

As a driver one would have to do something really crazy to tick off an officer to go to such lengths, but that is just my opinion.