156 reduced to 149... dont know what i should do.

Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:17 pm

156 reduced to 149... dont know what i should do.

by: loki on
Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:30 pm

so i was on m way to montreal and was caught doing 56 over. thank goodness the officer reduced it to 49 over. still really bad. i had to speed up because some really kind man wanted to go much faster then me and i needed to get in front of a big rig. some how i dought that will hold up in court, but even the officer said she saw the man on me. i need some advice. what should i do? should i just go ahead and pay the tix or make a court date and get a disclosure? im worried that they will set the fine back up to its original fine!
User avatar
Simon Borys
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:20 am

by: Simon Borys on
Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Only if you feel your guilty. It would be unethical to advise you to plead guilty if you didn't. And even if you do feel you're guilty, you're still entitled to force the crown to prove their case, since the presumption is of innocence. It's really a personal choice.
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:10 pm

by: tristangemus on
Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Bring it to court. Not an actual trial, the 2nd option. You will be given the option to plead guilty to a lesser charge. Mine went down from 149 which was reduced from 153 to 129 in a 100 zone. Also, I had an unsafe lane change and no insurance on me withdrawn. They really just want to get through as many people as they can and still make money. They don't want people setting up trials to try actually fighting their ticket.
High Authority
High Authority
Posts: 2111
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:49 pm
Location: Ontario

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on
Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:59 pm

That's incorrect. Option 2 is for guilty pleas with an explanation. You are admitting fault to the actual offence. In such a situation, all the Justice of the Peace can do is offer a reduced fine if warranted, they cannot withdraw or change charges. For that to occur, you need to work out a plea deal with the Crown.
Post a Reply
  • Similar Topics

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests