request to stay for no disclosure

coldanca
request to stay for no disclosure

Unread post by coldanca on

Hello everyone. I received a speeding ticket on october 29th 2013. She said i was doing 87 on 60 but she reduced it to 75 because i had clean record. i requested early resolution hoping they would drop the charges, they did not - that was january 8th 2014. I received the trial date for June 18th 2014. I immediately mailed a letter request disclosure- no answer. I mailed another one without any answers. So on may 17th I faxed and mailed an 4F form asking for stay of proceedings as I had received no disclosure. I got a voicemail yesterday June 5th telling me my disclosure is ready for pick-up. I never gave them my number. I feel like they called because they finally found my request to stop the trial. What do I do? Do I go ahead with my pre-trial motion for stay and pretend I never had any message? (they could then say they called a long time ago...) Do I acknowledge that they called me 8 business days before the trial, thus giving me no time to prepare, which would lead to adjournment not stay? Thank you in advance.

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 16 to 29 km/h”