Gordon M

Driving While Suspended + More

by: Gordon M on

Hi, hopefully you guys can help me.

So here's the situation. In about april i got 2 speeding tickets within 2 days of each other.

One was doing 29 over on the highway as I was late for my final exam (Im in police foundations...)

The other was doing 34 over just getting off the highway where it drops from a 100 to an 80.

Anyways, i paid the one ticket but forgot to pay the other.

So i got pulled over today as my license stickers were old and not active and I found out my license was suspended. I recently moved so I think the letter had gone to my old house as I hadnt change my address.

Anyways, she gave me a court date for august 5th for the stickers and driving suspended.

Im only 19 years old and the two speeding tickets alone are going to kill me, but this would be too much.

I have no idea what to do or where to start, im going to pay off these tickets and get my license reinstated but i dont know what to do with the court situation :(

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

You could try meeting with the Crown and see if they'll offer you a plea to a lesser charge such as driving without a licence. It still carries a $325 fine, but it's less then drive suspend, has less serious insurance implications and there would be no additional suspension upon conviction. If no deal is possible, I'd also suggest seeking legal representation. It will cost a bit, but if you're serious about becoming a police officer, a drive suspend conviction is a serious obstacle. They'll overlook a few tickets, but that one is pretty serious.

Post a Reply