Traffic Ticket For Not Properly Securing A Seat Belt

hassansaleel

Traffic Ticket For Not Properly Securing A Seat Belt

Unread post by hassansaleel »

Got a traffic ticket for my wife who was a passenger on the front seat as well as for my daughter (3 years) who was sitting at back on a child seat . both of them got ticket for the same offence (not properly securing seat belt). Both of them were wearing seat belt under arm. I am planning to fight it, any advice will be appreciated.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

Who received the ticket for your wife?

Passengers over 16 are responsible for themselves. Passengers under 16 are the responsibility of the driver.

Are you sure your daughter received a ticket for seat belt under the arm? Is she in a car seat? Booster seat?

Here's the relevant section of the HTA which deals with your tickets:

How to wear seat belt assembly

(5) A seat belt assembly shall be worn so that,

(a) the pelvic restraint is worn firmly against the body and across the hips;

(b) the torso restraint, if there is one, is worn closely against the body and over the shoulder and across the chest;

(c) the pelvic restraint, and the torso restraint, if there is one, are securely fastened; and

(d) no more than one person is wearing the seat belt assembly at any one time. 2006, c. 25, s. 1.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

When did you receive your tickets?

Have you asked for a court date yet? Are you waiting for your date? Have you received your date?

Zatota

Posting Awards

Re: Traffic Ticket For Not Properly Securing A Seat Belt

Unread post by Zatota »

You said both your wife and your daughter had their seatbelts under their arms. A seatbelt must be worn over the arm and shoulder. You can still request a trial and see the disclosure, but keep in mind you've admitted they were both wearing them incorrectly.