Given 65km/h In 50km Zone As Speed Limit Increased To 70 Km/h

???

Given 65km/h In 50km Zone As Speed Limit Increased To 70 Km/h

Unread post by ??? »

I was on my way home from work at 2am. I live in the Collingwood area, and was driving back home from Alliston. I was on highway 26, and had just come out of the roundabout, where it is initially a 50 km zone, and could clearly see the cop sitting off to the side. It increases to 70 not long after exiting the roundabout, and as I neared the sign that read "70KM/h begins" I started to speed up, I was at 70, not even 10 feet from the sign and the cop puts his lights on and pulls me over. I was friendly to the cop, gave him my documents, and when he came back he issued me a ticket for 15 over. I've never been pulled over for speeding, nor have I ever been issued a ticket. I've only been pulled over once, and that was 5 years ago for my license plate light being out. I didn't start speeding up until I was close to the sign, and have done so with the cop sitting there and they never bothered me. If the speed increase, you're allowed to speed up to it. I wasn't even rushing or anything. I don't understand what his deal was. I don't feel I did anything wrong, and if he really deemed it necessary to pull me over, I don't get why he couldn't have issued me a warning. I had a clean record, so I feel as though he was bored. I have a dashcam, but unfortunately it doesn't show the speed. I even looked at my speed as I passing the cop and it was at 60, but he tried telling me I was doing 70, which I know I most certainly was not.

I feel I'm not guilty, but I don't know how to prove my innocence. What are your thoughts, and what do you suggest I do? I don't want my insurance rates going up because of this.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

The speed would change after the posted sign, not before it.

アリス wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:25 am

I was at 70, not even 10 feet from the sign

アリス wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:25 am

I even looked at my speed as I passing the cop and it was at 60, but he tried telling me I was doing 70, which I know I most certainly was not.

If you're admittedly doing 70 before the sign, then the officer would be correct.

An officer could calculate your speed all the way up to the sign.