A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

redoak181

Expired Drivers License, And Sticker

by: redoak181 on

$325 for the license and $110 for the sticker. Both expired by two weeks, I legit thought I had until the end of the birthday month.

Do either of the tickets affect insurance rates?

Are these tickets fightable, specifically the license ticket?

thanks for you time,

bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

I've seen 2 or 3 people go into early resolution, with the new sticker and totally get off with a slapped wrist.

both will be classified as a minor and yes effect insurance

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

All tickets are fightable... but these ones are next to impossible to beat, unless the officer does not show up (which is very very rare).

However it is always worthwhile to plead not guilty, request a trial, and request disclosure and then show up on the trial date because as a worst case, you can probably get the fine reduced on both of them.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Nanuk

by: Nanuk on

jsherk wrote:All tickets are fightable... but these ones are next to impossible to beat, unless the officer does not show up (which is very very rare).

However it is always worthwhile to plead not guilty, request a trial, and request disclosure and then show up on the trial date because as a worst case, you can probably get the fine reduced on both of them.

Trials are almost always on officers dayshift, and some traffic enforcement officer have their own trial day in which they only run trials from that officers tickets. So the chances of the officer not showing are slim to none.

If you schedule for trial and meet with prosecutor before hand you can ask the crown to drop the drive no licence to a fail to produce licence s. 33(1) HTA from 325.00 down to 125.00 . They may or may not .

bobajob

Posting Awards

as I said, I saw one guy, at my wifes ER, he went to the pro. who confirmed (a bit condescendingly) you know that your sticker expires/renews on your birthday, he looked sheepishly, ummed and arred

then the prosec. asked if he had his sticker and he said he already got it and showed him the form/receipt.

he looked at him and said, ok, case dismissed, go home

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

You do not need to hire anybody to meet with the prosecutor... it is usually a waste of money in my opinion. You are just going to basically meet with them and try and convince them to drop it. If they are in a good mood they might. They might not though, but more likely might offer to drop one if you plead guilty to the other. They also may not offer you any plea deal at all. Just depends how good a mood they are in that day. But there is nothing special to it except just talking to them.

Now if you are found guilty of one or both you can still ask the JP at the end of the trial to lower the fine amount, and also ask for extended time to pay like 6 months.

bobajob

Posting Awards

I'll try and find the link of my experience with ER,

it's painless and different places do differently,

on mine, I requested ER, got a date and attended, went into a private cubby and chatted with the prosecutor, got a reduction and took it, sameday went before the judge who confirmed

I was pleeding guilty, paid fine went home

my wife, everyone went into courtroom, line up to see the pros. everyone heard everything, you got let off, or a reduction, then sat down and waited for the judge

redoak181 wrote:do you meet with them on the date given after you request a trial, with an appointment sometime before the trial? is this what early resolution is?

do you go before a judge, sorry guys i'm clueless here

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

Early Resolution is a specific date/time for you to meet with the prosecutor instead of on the trial date.

If you just set a trial date instead, then you will meet with the prosecutor before trial starts on that day.

Post a Reply