Is my case really a case of "mis use parking permit"??

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:37 pm

greasespot wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:56 pm
If you dropped him off why wouldn't you park in a regular spot and then leave the disabled spot for someone who did not have a able driver? Your did did not have to walk from the spot so you had no reason to park there. That is ultimately who the spot if for

GS
I understand where you are coming from. I would like to point out how this way of thinking affects people such as myself and the OP who live or drive around disabled passengers:

What happens after leaving the building with the disabled person? Since I was not allowed to park in that spot. In heavy snow or weather I am to wheel or walk the disabled person to the non-accessible parking spot? Why would I do that? Any idea how difficult that is?

So it really means I cant leave!? So then that means, as I stated above, it is in my opinion that this can become a form of detention for the driver of the disabled person, because "the driver" is at risk of being charged a $500 ticket, if for any reason the driver needs to leave and go elsewhere.

The idea of a handicap parking in the first place is to make it accessible. If a disabled person who doesn't drive, needs a driver to drive them, then by extension I would argue that driver now has the accessible parking spot available to them as well.

greasespot

by: greasespot on
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:19 am

You are not parking you are dropping off. Then you go park in a regular spot and go in. Then you walk to your car and return to pick up the disabled person. The disabled person is not walking to and from the spot.

That leaves the spot available for the person who actually cannot walk. You as the driver dropping off can walk but chose not to.

That is why the pass holder has to be at the parking spot

stockt28

by: stockt28 on
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:57 pm

GS I got you point. then the main argument should be about " where the pass holder is being pick up and drop off" , Not about "the driver is being with holder at the spot or not" as even if the pass holder is picked up from where he get drop off , there is always moment of that the pass holder not being with the driver like Admin pointed it out earlier. or it will become a detention to driver of the disable person.

BY Now TWO law enforcement officers could not even tell/explain to me the right point, how can a driver have the knowledge to tell what is right and what is wrong ?? After all, my father was with me and he was in the mall.

I advocate Admin's idea of Permit's extension to the driver, esp. in my case, the family who's helping the disable. otherwise the permit is useless for the pass holder.

I received the summon today and it seems this is very serious charge.. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!