Red Light Camera Ticket

katheryne

Red Light Camera Ticket

Unread post by katheryne »

I received a red light camera ticket. I was not aware this had happened. My daughter had had surgery the day before in Hamilton. (We come from Brantford). The day after her surgery was the day of the offense. My daughter-in-law , son-in-law and son all came to Hamilton to see her with me. They were changing her rooms,so i stayed and they took my vehicle to get some things. None of us drive in Hamilton and they got lost.,more then one of them drove the vehicle that day. No one realized they went though a red light ,even after the ticket no could recall. I'm not even sure where this is in Hamilton as we where up by Henderson Hospital. The ticket shows Bay and Main

I'm on a disability pension and can't afford this ticket.,so I was just wondering if its worth my while to plead not guilty. And hope for a reduced fine????

thanks

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

You can select option 2, plead guilty with an explanation, and tell the JP about your financial status. They typically will reduce fines.

If you select option 3 (not guilty) I would try and work out a plea deal with the Crown ahead of time for a reduced fine. If you actually go to trial, a reduction is less likely.