65kph In A 40kpm

A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
meleagul

65kph In A 40kpm

Unread post by meleagul »

I got a ticket today. The PO said that I was driving at 65/h in a zone that has a 40/h. When he asked me for the ownership it happened that I had my husband's ownership (we just switched recently the cars). The PO told me not to worry as I will get only the fine but no demerit points. He fined me $110 and wrote contrary HTA sect. 7 (5) (5). What he wrote in words is hard to understand. At the question if I can apply to court he said that there is no reason to do it as I will get no demerit points and that my insurance won't go up.

I tried to find out what sect. 7 (5) (5) means but to no avail. I am very concerned as my insurance company (State Farm) informed me that once I have a record the insurance will go up even if I have no demerit points.

Can anyone explain what sect. 7(5)(5) means.

Thanks

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

meleagul wrote:What he wrote in words is hard to understand.

Fail to surrender permit for motor vehicle, HTA 7(5)(a)

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
meleagul

Unread post by meleagul »

Yes his writing is terrible. It could be 7(5)(a) or 7(5)(9). Do you think its worth to plea-bargain it.

Thanks for your reply

Bookm

Unread post by Bookm »

meleagul wrote:...he said that there is no reason to do it as I will get no demerit points and that my insurance won't go up.

Not sure why cops keep telling people this. Just trying to put them at ease I guess, so they don't go all postal on them roadside. "There, there. Everything will be all right. Shh... shh.. shh."

By the time you get your next insurance bill, you'll see just how wrong he is! Next time, ask if he'll put that in writing, LOL ;)

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 16 to 29 km/h”