Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
r0sst3r

Red Light Cameras - Mississauga

by: r0sst3r on

I'm starting to lose confidence in my driving skills... I'm currently in the midst of awaiting trail for "Improper Passing of Streetcar" in Toronto, last year. And now this happens!! :x

On my drive to work today, I entered an intersection after the light turned Amber. It then turned Red while I was in the intersection. A moment later I saw a flash of light behind me... and noticed the traffic camera posted at the intersection (the ONLY one on my route, and I ran it!!!).

HOWEVER....in my side-mirror I noticed that there was another car approximately one car-length behind me, in the lane beside me. I checked their website and it says... "The cameras photograph vehicles that enter the intersection after the traffic signal turns red."

USEFUL if you drive in Mississauga... MAP of ALL traffic cameras...

http://www.peelregion.ca/pw/roads/red-l ... june09.pdf

I'm quite sure the picture taken was for the driver behind me, but my car would have been captured in the picture, my question is.....

Is a violation to be in the intersection when the light is Red? i.e. do you get charged a lesser fine/demerit points for entering an Amber?

Also, I wonder how long it takes to receive a ticket from a Traffic Camera, if I did get one?

With the long weekend here, I'll try to keep myself from thinking about this.... but can't help but wonder if I've been nailed... :(

*** Honesty is the best policy... at least I'd like to believe so! ***
Reflections

by: Reflections on

Entering when red gets a ticket. Entering when amber......is grey....

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Bookm

by: Bookm on

If more than one car end up in the picture, I'll bet neither will get a ticket. Just wait and see what comes in the mail.

P.S. Don't start questioning your driving ability until you start having accidents. Tickets are just paper. Wrecks are the real problem.

liveontheedge

by: liveontheedge on

If you get a ticket, take it to court, the fine will be reduced to $60 in toronto (maybe same for mississauga) and no insurance implication. So don't sweat it, enjoy your long weekend.

r0sst3r

by: r0sst3r on

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the reassurance! :wink:

*** Honesty is the best policy... at least I'd like to believe so! ***
Post a Reply