Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
Toronto_Driver

Stat Holiday And Section 182(2)

by: Toronto_Driver on

Hello

This past Good Friday I was ticketed at the corner of Moore Ave and Welland Ave in the St. Clair & Mount Pleasant area. I made a right hand turn onto Moore from Welland between the hours of 16:00 to 18:00, which was prohibited based on section 182 (2). This might be a long shot but doesn't the HTA take into consideration stat holidays with respect to this section? Isn't that the case with street parking? What perhaps burns me most, other drivers that were proceeding through the intersection going straight (east / west )on Moore (while crossing Welland), are in complete compliance, but those simply turning right at this sleepy little corner get dinged.

All comments are appreciated.

Thank you

Toronto_Driver

by: Toronto_Driver on

ticketcombat wrote:A Friday is a Friday. Fortunately for you, the sign is invalid and you can easily fight this ticket. Please see the bilingual defence on my site (link below, see Step 5).

Thank you for your assistance. I read up on the defense you mentioned. Must I have requested a trial in French in order for me to invoke the bilingual defense?

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

No, you do not need to order the trial in French for that purpose. If you speak French, however, you can ask for the trial to be held in French anyways - that should give you more time to prepare.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply