Bookm

Unmarked Vs. Marked Cruisers

by: Bookm on

When ever I've been in court, the officer clearly states that he was patrolling in uniform and in a plainly marked cruiser.

I've never been charged by an un-marked cruiser and always assumed they must be marked to do traffic detail. I now know that NOT to be the case.

So why do we have marked cruisers at all??

FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

Technically it's to deter lawbreaking activity with a visible presence. Based on that assumption it looks like that is becoming less and less of a priority for police services. Didn't they introduce a ghost that looks like a yellow cab in Milton?

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

Just wanted to make another note.. This has nothing to do with the constables or any people employed by the services. They just do what the province/municipality tells them in the most efficient way possible. If the government makes generating $$$ a priority over improving safety on the highways, it's not the cops to blame. Blame it on the Dalton gang.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
Reflections

by: Reflections on

Flavour of the day law making.........always has and always will be done this way

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

Very true reflections.

The officers just do their job if they are told to write more tickets they pressured to do it.

The way i see some of these HSD officers drive around the GTA you would seem to think that they don't care about speeding either until they issue a big ticket.

Post a Reply