Mto Gave Me The Wrong Sticker - Place Your Bets!

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

whaddyaknow

Posting Awards

Mto Gave Me The Wrong Sticker - Place Your Bets!

Unread post by whaddyaknow »

So I have an vehicle which I don't drive over the winter. My birthday is in November. So, to save some cash flow before Christmas, in November 2018 I chose not to buy a sticker, knowing full well that when spring came I would still need to pay the $120 for the period November 2018 - November 2019.

Fast forward to last week, now we finally have some decent weather, I go to the ServiceOntario office, fork over my $120, and the nice person behind the counter hands me a sticker for November 2020!

So, I'm starting a pool, will I get a renewal notice this November (2019)?

whaddyaknow

Posting Awards

No takers?

OK, then, the legal question: in the case of a disagreement between the physical sticker and the MTO's records, which is taken to be correct?

whaddyaknow

Posting Awards

admin wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Doesn't it mean then you are paid up until Nov 2020?

By "it" do you mean the sticker? The sticker would seem to indicate that I'm paid-up until Nov 2020, but I know that I'm not: I paid $120 which is for 1 year, right? So, from Nov. 2018 to Nov. 2019.

QBall

Posting Awards

Unread post by QBall »

I guess it would depend on what was registered on the MTO computers. If the agent gave you a 2020 sticker but entered into the system the expiry is 2019 then you would receive a renewal notice in 2019.