No seat belt traffic ticket - Discuss the HTA here.
jjjdom

Failing To Wear A Seat Belt With A Speeding Ticket

by: jjjdom on

Hello,

The other day I received a speeding ticket but the officer also gave me a failure to wear a seat belt ticket. Im not planning to fight the speeding ticket but the not wearing a seat belt, I will be fighting. I was 100% wearing my seat belt I also had a safety vest on which should of made it easier for the officer too notice the seat belt. Is there any advice you may give me? I will be fighting the ticket on my own.

Thank you

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

If you plan on fighting your tickets, you can start by requesting a court date. The instructions will be listed on the back of your ticket.

You'll wait for your Notice of Trial and then you can make a disclosure request. This will contain the evidence against you (usually just the officers notes, maybe video in some cases).

If you don't know how to make a request, visit the website for the municipality where you received the tickets. All of them have a portion dedicated to Provincial offenses and almost all of them (except one or two in the middle of nowhere) will have a disclosure request form. There is no official form, so they're all different. From there, you'll send the form off to the Prosecutor’s office. That information will also likely be either on the form itself on directly on the website.

Post a Reply