Sheryl1416

Decrease Demerit Points For Fail To Stop For School Bus?

by: Sheryl1416 on

My husband accidentally passed a school bus on the same side of the road, and he was stopped by the police. He basically told the police that he himself (the driver) is wrong. He said that previous days the school bus doesn't flash and he made the same assumption (which is stupid of him).

The thing is, he has a speeding ticket before which costed him 3 demerit points. If he gets another 6 points for this, his license might be suspended. We can't afford for his license to be suspended because his job needs him to drive around.

I know chances are slim and he is stupid for doing this, but is there any ways to decrease the demerit point by even just one? Or is there a way to change it to Failure to Stop for School Bus as Owner?

Thank you and any suggestion will help.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

When did he receive the speeding ticket? Demerit points last 2 years from the day you receive your ticket. If you need to stretch it out, you can ask for a court date and that might push you over the 2 year mark on your last ticket.

Sheryl1416

by: Sheryl1416 on

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately he just received it early this year.

I know he is wrong and not making any excuse but we just want to find a solution for our family.

bend wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:53 pm

When did he receive the speeding ticket? Demerit points last 2 years from the day you receive your ticket. If you need to stretch it out, you can ask for a court date and that might push you over the 2 year mark on your last ticket.

Post a Reply