Discuss traffic ticket Driver failing to ensure infant/child passenger is properly secured
hassansaleel

Traffic Ticket For Not Properly Securing A Seat Belt

by: hassansaleel on

Got a traffic ticket for my wife who was a passenger on the front seat as well as for my daughter (3 years) who was sitting at back on a child seat . both of them got ticket for the same offence (not properly securing seat belt). Both of them were wearing seat belt under arm. I am planning to fight it, any advice will be appreciated.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Who received the ticket for your wife?

Passengers over 16 are responsible for themselves. Passengers under 16 are the responsibility of the driver.

Are you sure your daughter received a ticket for seat belt under the arm? Is she in a car seat? Booster seat?

Here's the relevant section of the HTA which deals with your tickets:

How to wear seat belt assembly

(5) A seat belt assembly shall be worn so that,

(a) the pelvic restraint is worn firmly against the body and across the hips;

(b) the torso restraint, if there is one, is worn closely against the body and over the shoulder and across the chest;

(c) the pelvic restraint, and the torso restraint, if there is one, are securely fastened; and

(d) no more than one person is wearing the seat belt assembly at any one time. 2006, c. 25, s. 1.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

When did you receive your tickets?

Have you asked for a court date yet? Are you waiting for your date? Have you received your date?

Post a Reply