lissie

I Failed To Stop For A School Bus Today, Will Demerit Points Be Taken Off?

by: lissie on

I was driving and as i was trying to pass a city bus, I failed to stop for a school bus with its stop sign out. I didn't even realize it until it honked at me. No cops pulled me over but from the research I've done today, the fine could be from anywhere from $400 to $2000 plus 6 demerit points.

If I was reported by the the bus driver or witness, would I get a ticket in the mail or would the officer show up at my door? How long before this actually happens? Also, would demerit points be involved or would I be charged as owner? Are school buses equipped with cameras now?

Thank you in advance for all your help!

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

- They would show up the address listed for the vehicle owner.

- Anywhere up to 6 months.

- No demerit points

- The owner of the vehicle would be charged.

Bali

by: Bali on

What was the result Did you get demerit points or just the fine?

Thank you in advane

lissie wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:20 pm

I was driving and as i was trying to pass a city bus, I failed to stop for a school bus with its stop sign out. I didn't even realize it until it honked at me. No cops pulled me over but from the research I've done today, the fine could be from anywhere from $400 to $2000 plus 6 demerit points.

If I was reported by the the bus driver or witness, would I get a ticket in the mail or would the officer show up at my door? How long before this actually happens? Also, would demerit points be involved or would I be charged as owner? Are school buses equipped with cameras now?

Thank you in advance for all your help!