Red Light Proceed Before Green Ticket $325..

Improper right turn - Discuss the HTA here
justinjc554

Red Light Proceed Before Green Ticket $325..

Unread post by justinjc554 »

Hi i just got a ticket yesterday for making a right turn without stopping that's what the cop said. The ticket is $325 i don't see any of the boxes ticket to see if points will be deducted. Basically i know the cop was trying to meet his quota because he stopped me a block way from where i made a right turn. I would never put someone life in risk i checked before i made the right turn so i was really confused i thought he stopped me because i ran through a red light which i didn't. So my question is should i fight my ticket ? everyone is telling me to fight.

whaddyaknow

Posting Awards

Unread post by whaddyaknow »

Of course you lose nothing except your time by fighting it, but be aware that nothing you have said so far would seem to indicate that you will win.

You say you stopped, the officer says you didn't. In the absence of other witnesses, who will be believed?

If you decide to fight it, consult the various other threads here about the process.

justinjc554

Ok lets say i don't win but cant i get a different charge that wont have a big impact on me also my girlfriend was with me

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

justinjc554 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:24 ami don't see any of the boxes ticket to see if points will be deducted.

An officer cannot deduct points. They can only reduce your charge.

justinjc554 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:24 amBasically i know the cop was trying to meet his quota

There is no such thing.

justinjc554 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:24 ambecause he stopped me a block way from where i made a right turn.

It's not exactly common that an officer will pull you over in the exact spot where the offense takes place. They will also use the time to check your plates before they stick their face in your window.

Was this about you not making a complete stop or was this a no right on red intersection?

justinjc554

Officer said i didn't make a complete stop when i was making the right turn. I did make a stop and went ahead because i thought it was safe i looked both ways the cop was coming down the lane i was looking at but was no where close to me. I just spoke to OTT LEGAL they advised me there is no more early resolution but it still shows on government site. I was advised to fight it because either opton 1 the cop wont show up since trial dates will take months or option 2 they will give me less of a punishment