k1e2v3h

Speeding 52 Over 100 On 403 Wb

by: k1e2v3h on

I was recently charged with stunt driving at 152, 52 over the posted speed limit. My vehicle was seized and license suspended for 7 days. My summon court is in Mississauga. I had a clean driving record before this. Can someone guide me through the process i would need to go through and possible outcomes of my case? What are the chances that my license would be suspended? Also, would the insurance company see the stunt driving charge if the prosecutor agrees to lower my charge to speeding at 149? Should I hire a paralegal to minimize the chance of me being charged with stunt driving?

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

k1e2v3h wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:27 pm

What are the chances that my license would be suspended?

For a first time offender at 152, you're in the best situation you can ask for.

Varying fines are usually there for individuals who wont learn their lesson or break speed records.

Also, would the insurance company see the stunt driving charge if the prosecutor agrees to lower my charge to speeding at 149?

Whatever the conviction, that's what will show up on your abstract. If it's 149, then that's what they'll use.

Your 7 day suspension will also be on your record. Since it's a roadside thing, it's considered an administrative suspension. Your provider is not supposed to use that suspension to calculate your rates.

Should I hire a paralegal to minimize the chance of me being charged with stunt driving?

Any conviction that carries potential jail time is probably worth considering a paralegal no matter how unlikely the possibility that you'll see any.

Post a Reply