Bigdummy

Bigdummy

Bigdummy

Unread post by Bigdummy »

Not a good moment for me as a proclaim that I am a good and safe driver.

4 lane road, I had just turned left onto the street when the car in front of me turned its indicator on wanting to turn left. Actually two cars. So I fliped on my right turn signal and went into the slow lane. As I was focused on what was happening to the right of me, I did not notice the van bus stopped in front of the driveway that the person who wanted to turn left into. I was well passed when I herd the bus driver honking.

To make matters worse I was just driving my friends car as they were visiting and I was just going up the street to drop someone off at the dentist.

So for the sake of assumption let's assume that the bus driver got the plate of the car. Because I sure would have tried to.

What happens?

As you see by the post time I am trubled by this. This was totally out of character for me.

Thanks

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

The owner of the vehicle would receive the ticket (your friend).

This ticket can be paid and forgotten about. No one knows who was driving so the ticket never attaches itself to a license number. The only real consequence here is the fine.

The next part depends on how good of a friend you are. You can either ignore your friend or offer to pay the fine. Afterwords, you can breathe a sigh of relief that the ticket wont haunt you months down the road.

Enjoy your weekend. Don't spend any time worrying about this.

Bigdummy

Unread post by Bigdummy »

Thank you for the reply Bend. Yes I will have to pay the ticket. It was just the last car in the driveway that was the only reason I took it.

I am just so mad at myself for letting this to happen.

Take care everyone, and be safe this weekend.

Return to “Failing to stop for a school bus”