A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
sailormoon

Advice Needed On 68km/hr In A 50km/h Zone - Disclosure Inc

by: sailormoon on

Hi everyone. :oops:

Was caught on Queesnway EB going 68km in a 50km zone in October 2016. Please see attached disclosure information. He also attached the laser gun manual.

I was in court earlier this year in May - but they didn't provide disclosure until day of hearing. Rescheduled a trial for November.

The fine is only $60 however want to get out of this for insurance sakes. I've had a speeding ticket almost 5 years ago and insurance has gone down. Not sure the best course of action - do I hire a professional? Do I reschedule?

Please need this forum's help! Let me know if you need further information

Thank you

Michelle

Attachments
Disclosure that was provided
Disclosure that was provided
Disclosure1.JPG (61.73 KiB) Viewed 2533 times
bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

sailormoon wrote:Not sure the best course of action - do I hire a professional? Do I reschedule?

Anyone you hire isn't going to do anything you haven't already done. There isn't much they can do for you on a 18km speeding ticket. They'll try to get you a 15km conviction, save you a couple demerit points, and call it a day. Probably not worth the money in your scenario.

Other than postponing the inevitable and purposely wasting time, you're not gaining anything by rescheduling a trial.

Eagle88

by: Eagle88 on

You must attack the Constitutionality of Speed Limits. Liberty is the victim in these cases.

Fundamental Justice(Natural Law) as described within the Charter of Rights and Freedoms gives no option for Bias to occur, wherein making laws to limit Liberty is sought.

The bias lies upon the shoulders of the Politicians who think(bias) speed limits must be maintained. Receiving monetary gains, even if indirectly, by way of Speeding Enforcement also lends itself to biased Politicians.

Post a Reply