philiparnold1

68 Over ..

by: philiparnold1 on

I was reading the other topic in this fourm.

I was on hwy 37 trying to make my girlfriends ganadmas mass and I live an hour away and I had an hour to get there so I was going fast but not 50 over untill some idiot got on my tail soo close that I was to concentrated on him that I kept going faster untill I got pulled over at 147 on an 80 km hwy.

I alreaddy lost 3 points and this time was just the worst timing .. If I lose 6 more point thats all my 9 points for a g2 class driver right? what will happen if I lose all my points?! I need my lisince for work and other things this summer. I would never speed again to keep my lisince. not even 10 over ..

how long would I lose my lisince?

Will I ?

If they cut the fine down to half will I still lose 6 points?

They put my name down on the ticket as james d arnold .. my name is philip james d arnold .. will they drop the charges as a tecnical error?

I'm trying to do anything I can to not lose my lisince .. I've been waiting my whole life and now that I have it it may be gone. HELP ME PLEASEEE!!! Thank you.

Bookm

by: Bookm on

When the stakes are this high, I would strongly recommend seeking the services of a lawyer familiar with that court. You won't get off scott free, but he'll be your best bet for winning an acceptable plea bargain withe crown.

Was your car towed? License pulled for a week? etc?

philiparnold1

by: philiparnold1 on

Yes. It was my grandparents car. and yep I my drives in at the police station right now.

I know I wont get off Scott free .. as much as I hope I would i know it wont happen. I just don't want to lose my drivers license for good. My dad passed away a year ago so I do all the driving for my mom and I'm the only one and she cant get time off work or anything so I do all the driving for my mom with my sisters and such. If I lose it my family's screwed .. I just need a point left and I'd never speed again.

David Chatten

by: David Chatten on

You should definately contact an agent or lawyer. The crown may seek a licence suspension in addition to the 7-day suspension you have already encountered. You may be able to keep your licence if you play your cards right. You are facing a fine between $2, 000 and $10,000 depending on your record. The errors with your name can easily be corrected at trial. In some cases, the crown may offer careless driving, with no suspension and 6 points. This is a terrible option and they may make it sound great to you. Don't take it. Careless is viewed the same as a Impaired Driving charge by most insurance companies. Make sure you at least talk to someone qualified to find out your options.

king

by: king on

talk to the lawyer or agent. You might pay more but you might not have to loose points

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

10 months???

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

Just go 49 over.

50 over you get towed. So go 49 then if you wanna speed like that.

haha i wonder what the officer thinks when he clocks a bunch of cars all like 145-149. Must just shake his head.

hwybear

Posting Awards

tdrive2 wrote:haha i wonder what the officer thinks when he clocks a bunch of cars all like 145-149. Must just shake his head.

time for a "group hug"

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
tdrive2

Haha a group hug at tim hortons?

Get one of those tables with 6 seats and 2 dozen Boston cream and it will all be okay :p.

Hey hwybear just a random question. I don't know how long your guys shifts are but i assume you guys spend ALOT of time on the road. That i am sure can get quite aggravating and sometimes boring.

Do they take the AM/FM radio or cd player out of the crown vics.?

I think it was you said in 2009 they want to phase out the crown vic police interceptor what does that mean you guys will be getting soon. Alot of other forces are buying impalas and chargers. The chargers seem to be spreading everywhere.

hwybear

Posting Awards

tdrive2 wrote:

Do they take the AM/FM radio or cd player out of the crown vics.?

I think it was you said in 2009 they want to phase out the crown vic police interceptor what does that mean you guys will be getting soon. Alot of other forces are buying impalas and chargers. The chargers seem to be spreading everywhere.

They leave the radio/cd or whatever is in the vehicle. Apparently it is more cost effective to leave it in (standard equip) than to not put it in :?

Crown Vic has been extended and the final year is 2011. Think the Tahoe will be the vehicle of choice, large enough to carry the equipment, and apparently keeping them until 250k compared to Vic, Charger, Imapla at 150k.

tdrive2

Interesting you guys only keep them to 150,000 km????

My question is for the Highway safety divisions why would they choose all tahoe's instead of charges or cars.

You would think for highway patrol you would want cars, and faster ones.

The charger would be perfect for highway enforcement.

Squishy

by: Squishy on

Isn't the Tahoe faster than a Charger? I think I remember hwybear mentioning that the Tahoe had better acceleration and just slightly less top end speed than a Crown Vic. I have heard from others that the Charger isn't as good as a Crown Vic for catching up after a U-turn.

(This is the V6 Charger. I don't think many services go for the V8.)

tdrive2

The tahoe might have more cup holders and space for when hwybear does a tims run :lol:

The vics horsepower is 248 i think a 4.6 L v8?

I am not sure about the tahoe or charger.

The charger comes with all types of engines. The police one is the R/t i think it has around 350 hp....

I know they come up to a 5.7 L V8 or a 6 L V8.

That must cost enough in fuel though....

150 k doesn't seem like much. I am guessing on an average shift you guys must drive at least 100-300 km/h depending?

The only thing that doesn't make sense is there is no way a huge Tahoe will handle as nice as a charger, thats why to me it seems strange to use an SUV for highway safety patrol especially in the event of a highspeed chase.

Doesn't the crown vic have the highest safety ratings for a rear end collision?

believe it or not i saw a F250 last week doing radar enforcement on a 2 lane set up with a grass median.

Im not even kidding i have no idea why they would use such a massive truck for speed enforcement. Besides the fact people don;t expect that thing would be a OPP vehicle checking for speeders it doesnt make alot of sense to use.

Squishy

by: Squishy on

The Charger's base police package has the 3.5 L V6, although you can upgrade to the 340 HP 5.7 L V8.

The V6 puts out the same horsepower as the Crown Vic's V8, but the CV likely has a better torque curve. The LX platform is unibody, isn't it? The CV and Tahoe's body-on-frame would hold up better in minor collisions or things like jumping the curb at speed.

I'm not sure what the cost differences are between the V8 Charger and a Tahoe.

Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 50 km/h or more”