Harpreet Singh

Hello Friends I Need Your Help.

by: Harpreet Singh on

Hello friends, so here is what happened when I was going to Ottawa from Etbicoke, I was driving my car on 120 spped on 100 speed zone but just for some time to pass the traffic I speed up to 150 in 100 zone, my bad suddenly I saw cop car was on my shoulder and pulled me over right way. Suspend my licence and impound my car for seven days as per under act 172. He wrote down on my ticket race. location is Kemptvile, I guess this is a small town. I spoke to so many people and No one knows what will happen with me. Please guys I need your advice reading this issue, I already know the consequence but no idea what will happen with me, I have clean record no tickets at all and I have a G licence and M1.

Please lovely friends share your experience with me. Thank you so much in advance......

Markus

Posting Awards

by: Markus on

Harpreet Singh wrote:Hello friends, so here is what happened when I was going to Ottawa from Etbicoke, I was driving my car on 120 spped on 100 speed zone but just for some time to pass the traffic I speed up to 150 in 100 zone, my bad suddenly I saw cop car was on my shoulder and pulled me over right way. Suspend my licence and impound my car for seven days as per under act 172. He wrote down on my ticket race. location is Kemptvile, I guess this is a small town. I spoke to so many people and No one knows what will happen with me. Please guys I need your advice reading this issue, I already know the consequence but no idea what will happen with me, I have clean record no tickets at all and I have a G licence and M1.

Please lovely friends share your experience with me. Thank you so much in advance......

The only highway I can think of in the Kemptville area with a 100 km/h limit is Hwy 416 with two lanes in each direction. I can see no reason that you need to speed up to 150 km/h to pass another car on such a highway. Which highway were you doing 150 km/h on?

screeech

by: screeech on

If you have a clean record otherwise, there is a good chance the prosecutor will offer a plea deal to a less speed and take it from a stunting/race charge to a straight speeding charge. A conviction for stunting is a really bad thing on your record, your insurance rates will go through the roof, not to mention the pile of points you will get as well...Stay tuned, jsherk should have a pile of "not legal advice" to give you...

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

50 or more over is a SERIOUS offence for insurance purposes (as it is racing/stunt driving).

Speeding at 49 over is only a MINOR offence for insurance purposes. I would do early resolution and ask prosecutor if they will drop to Speeding 49 over and then take that.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 50 km/h or more”