Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

Disobey Stop Sign - Fatal Error

by: UnluckyDuck on

So I received a ticket this morning for rolling a stop sign. I know I rolled it, officer had a dash cam as well. Decided to be honest and tell her I know I rolled it, I'm sorry that it was a bad habit. Officer returns to the car with a ticket for "Disobey Stop Sign - Fail to Stop". Set fine of $85, total payable $110. One thing to note: the section indicated was 36(1)(a). Triple checked it, there was no 1 remotely near it (closest one would be by my date of birth).

Reading the HTA, the only thing that comes up for section 36 is:

36. A person whose drivers licence or privilege to drive a motor vehicle in Ontario has been suspended shall not drive a motor vehicle or street car in Ontario under a drivers licence or permit issued by any other jurisdiction during the suspension. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 36.

99% sure my license isn't suspended?

Fatal error?

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

I think somebody else posted in the forum earlier today as well with the wrong section number.

Anyways it seems like the section is not even close, so I would do the force a fatal error thing by not responding and then if it gets dropped great, and if convicted then appeal it.

Was probably supposed to be 136(1)(a)

Stop at through highway

136. (1) Every driver or street car operator approaching a stop sign at an intersection,

(a) shall stop his or her vehicle or street car at a marked stop line or, if none, then immediately before entering the nearest crosswalk or, if none, then immediately before entering the intersection;

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply