A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

t3ch9

Did Anyone Ever Use Benito Zappia (wewinitoritsfree.com)?

by: t3ch9 on

Okay guys, so if you guys look at my previous thread you will know that I got a ticket for running a red light by a police officer.

Anyways, before people start asking why i made a new thread? I made a new thread because this thread and my previous thread are a completely different topic. This thread is not focusing on my violation, but is focusing specifically Benito Zappia.

Anyways for those who want a background story on the ticket i got, here is the link to that thread

http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic7507.html

On Topic:

Who is Benito Zappia? He is a paralegal @ wewinitoritsfree.com who claims he can win 100% of all traffic tickets in Toronto courts. He claims that if your ticket is in a Toronto court and he doesn't get it dismissed, you will get a full refund. Yes, i said dismissed, not reduced.

This is a very big claim to make, being able to get ALL traffic tickets dropped 100%

So, i decided to give this guy a call, his secretary picked up the phone and even she told me if it's in a Toronto court, he will win it 100%. After i spoke directly with Benito Zappia and this is how the conversation went:

Benito: "Yes i can get the ticket 100% dismissed"

Me: "How are you claiming 100% while other paralegals are saying 10-25%"

Benito: "Yes my price is a bit higher but I will get it 100% dismissed or you get a full refund"

Me: "So how are you planning on getting it 100% dismissed? What are you going to do?"

Benito: "My methods are a secret but you will get the ticket dismissed. I will give it to you in writing that you will get a full refund if i don't"

Me: "Okay? Sounds good but is it possible if i hire you after i get my disclosure?"

Benito: "No, in order for this to work, you need to hire me ASAP"

Me: "Okay, sounds fair. Is it okay if i file the ticket first at least?"

Benito: "No you must hire me ASAP"

Me: "Okay, so what's your price?"

Benito: "$800"

Me: Okay, I'll come speak with you in person at your office and we will discuss further.

So yeah, he definitely does sound very sketchy, but i did a little bit of google searches and found out that he has gotten many tickets dismissed for people. I also read a few very bad reviews on him, such as him missing court dates.

Anyways my questions are ...

1) Do you guys think i can trust Benito Zappia (wewinitoritsfree.com)?

2) Does anyone have any past experience with him that they would like to share

3) Does anyone actually get that "full refund" if he losses the case?

4) If he doesn't give me that full refund, is there a possibility for a law suit against him?

5) Have you ever used Benito Zappia?

6) Does anyone have a recommendation for another paralegal, if not Benito?

Yes $800 is a high price, but if he can 100% get it dismissed i will save money on surcharges from insurance companies. Yes my ticket is in a Toronto court so apparently i quality for the "full refund" part.

I really don't understand what his "secret" is to get the tickets dismissed in Toronto courts.

Sorry for the ton of questions, this is my first time hiring a paralegal and I would like to make the right choice. I don't trust google very much because I know there are a lot of businesses who are experts when it comes to SEO (search engine optimization), and SEO is not a very hard thing to learn so I'd prefer if someone can share a direct experience with him.

Even if you don't have any direct experience with him, feel free to post below because I take everyone's opinions and it all helps me a lot.

It is very tempting for me to give him that $800, but it's also a lot of money to lose if he doesn't follow through with his promise.

I am asking this question right now because i will have to file this ticket in less than a week otherwise I would risk license suspension so I would like a reply ASAP.

The more replies the better because I'm aware that these paralegal offices have members in all these forums who would "promote" them, so they get more business.

t3ch9

jsherk wrote:My understanding is that as of May 1st 2007, paralegals in Ontario became regulated by the Law Society of Upper Canada and part of this new regulation means that paralegals are no longer able to offer a money back guarantee.

Yes, but he's still willing to do it & give it in writing.

UnluckyDuck wrote:"My methods are a secret..." Yup, so trustworthy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also if he was lying about getting it 100% dismissed, wouldn't we see bare people complaining online?

His methods may not be legal so he might be doing things such as

- bribing the officer under the table

- bribing the judge?

- bribing the prosecutor?

because obviously getting a ticket 100% dismissed wouldn't be through a legal procedure. I really don't care whether it's legal or not though, I just want the ticket gone lol.

I just don't know if he's serious about the 100% dismissal or not.

The thing is $800 is a very very expensive price for a paralegal. If he scams me out of that $800, it would be really hurt lol

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

If it sounds to good to be true...

A quick Google search for Mr. Zappia's name reveals some big red flags. As Jsherk points out, his advertising contravenes rules set by the law society and he was served notice by them.

"In the notice issued against Zappia by the law society on March 10, it alleges that contrary to the paralegal rules of conduct, his advertising related to services and fees in 2013 was "misleading" and "failed to advise that he charges a non-refundable fee to every client." As well, the advertising suggested "he offers the ‘we win or its free option to every client, when this offer is not made to all clients and in any event when this offer should not be offered to clients requesting criminal law services," the law society alleges."

His methods may not be legal so he might be doing things such as

- bribing the officer under the table

- bribing the judge?

- bribing the prosecutor?

Really? You think he's been bribing people for years with a 100% success rate? I'm even curious about his 100% success rate since on his own website he only advertises a 90% "win" rate (and I'm guessing win does not equal full dismissal). I don't even understand how he claims his method is secret since the hundreds of tickets he would have dealt with would have been in open Court.

To be honest, I have a feeling what we say isn't going to persuade you much. If you do go with him I sincerely hope he does actually help you, but I have a feeling you'll be paying a lot of money for nothing.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Since you got me curious, I read the Law Society of Upper Canada Decision against him (in which he admitted guilt). You can read the full decision here: http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onlst/doc/2 ... sth34.html

It explains a bit better how his "free" services work:

Zappia's business model allowed clients to challenge charges for HTA offences at virtually no financial risk. Clients paid a small non-refundable administrative fee when they retained TTS. The administrative fee covered the costs of the initial interview, the opening of the file and the filing of the ticket. Mr. Zappia also asked clients to pay a retainer fee a few days before trial. The retainer fee was to cover the costs of the trial and was refundable if TTS did not achieve the agreed-upon results. In a circumstance where Mr. Zappia did not feel confident that he could succeed at trial but the client insisted on a trial, he would proceed but with a written agreement that the client was not entitled to a return of the retainer if unsuccessful at trial. Neither the administrative fee nor the refundable retainer was deposited in a trust account.

t3ch9

Oh so you guys think his 90-100% winrate is bs? :(

Knew it sounded too good to be true :(

Not sure why his site is still running with all this false advertising... almost suckered me out of $800

-_-

and yeah he doesn't offer the "we win or its free" option to all clients, it's only offered to cases that are in Toronto courts.

t3ch9

Stanton wrote:

To be honest, I have a feeling what we say isn't going to persuade you much. If you do go with him I sincerely hope he does actually help you, but I have a feeling you'll be paying a lot of money for nothing.

Of course it's going to persuade me. That's why i posted this thread lol

Needed advice on whether I should trust this guy or not.

This thread would be beneficial to a lot of members on this forum.

-> If he was the real deal, guess everyone knows who to go to

-> If he's fake, people will know not to get scammed by him

Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”