Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
Bookm

by: Bookm on

Very clever Ref. LOL. Your "period" button is broken, too! LOL

Just thought of something:

- If a couple buddies and myself drive side-by-side down the 401, at the speed limit, mile after mile, blocking all 3 lanes, would we not essentially be duplicating this officers actions?

- Would it be legal for us to do that?

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

Bookm wrote:Very clever Ref. LOL. Your "period" button is broken, too! LOL

Just thought of something:

- If a couple buddies and myself drive side-by-side down the 401, at the speed limit, mile after mile, blocking all 3 lanes, would we not essentially be duplicating this officers actions?

- Would it be legal for us to do that?

To answer your questions:

No. You'd have enough skill to drive exactly at 100 km/hr instead of being in the 90-110 range :P

No. There was a case like that a while back (2 years?). A teacher was charged with "impeding the flow of traffic" while doing what you are describing. If you use the case law, you'd be guilty, if you go by the book, you'd be innocent. Go figure

Reflections wrote:Every single law needs a few commas being the long winded babbling gobbly goop that goes on and on trying to include every single possibility with one or two simple phrases because the government has GOD-like powers and childlike responsibility so that they can read them only as they wish

Damn my comma button is broken I hope that doesn't sound like I am rambling like the written law

Have you seen the so-called "biblical proofs"? Piece your statement from sentences from the Bible, doesn't matter if one sentence is from Genesis and the next is from Revelations (ie no connection other than they are both from same book), and call it God's word. So the practice has been around for the past 2000 years. Queens Park had just legalized it.......

As for the comma/period............... Copy-paste , . :lol:

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Bookm

by: Bookm on

Hmmmmm.....

...Got it!!!

1) Get McGuinty to have Fantino instruct his officers to drive 3 (or 4) cruisers abreast across all lanes of the 401 from Windsor to Toronto, at, or about 100 kph (to demonstrate how safe the highway would be at the speed limit).

2) Wait for election day.

3) Watch the McGuinty government become a thing of the past!

If I EVER get a chance to ask Julian Fantino ONE question, that's what it's gonna be. "Why not just force traffic to move slower using multiple cruisers?"

Reflections

by: Reflections on

There was a case like that a while back (2 years?). A teacher was charged with "impeding the flow of traffic" while

That was '97.....http://www.drivers.com/article/149/

But as long as we are on religous terms I now present to you the Ten commandments of Ontario driving:

1.Thou shall not race

2.Thou shall not spin thy tires

3.Thou shall not do as the police do

4.Thou shall shut up and obey

5.Thou shall not drink and drive

6.Thou shall not make excessive noise with thy vehicle

7.Thou shall be allowed to drive in any lane without reason

8.Thou shall drive only after learning how to park

9.Thou shall allow your offspring to get many speeding tickets, buy them a faster car, then blame everyone but yourself for your failings as a father

10.Thou shall be guilty based solely on one persons opinion and lose the ability to earn a living, live a normal life and if that one person is wrong, have no recourse in rectifying the error, so suck it up

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Little Guy

by: Little Guy on

Look the ticket you got "disobey sign" was for speeding. However if he didn't get you on radar it's his word against yours. You have to say you drove exactly 100km/h that's all. He has no proof if you drove 105, 110 or 130 over simple as that. As for abusing his position that's exactly what he did but you can't prove it it was only you 2 ( your word against his). People abuse their power no matter what position they hold maybe not everybody but in general. I had pretty much the same situation, went to court, case drop. Check Little Guy (disobey sign 182.2) you will win the case if he has no proof other than his word simple as that, Good luck.

Post a Reply