A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Falcon

Incorrect / Mis-matched License Plates

by: Falcon on

Ok first let me explain I am a security supervisor at a condo. I have 2 problem residents, 1 with 2 mis-matched license plates (front and rear are different) Problem 2, Last night I had a vehicle towed for the resident being in visitors (AGAIN, She refuses to buy a parking spot) problem with her vehicle is I was informed that the plates on the vehicle are not registed to the vehicle. I know both of these are illigeal, but in order for me to bring this up with the managment and board of directors I need to quote the Hyghway Traffic Act, which will hopefully lead to the vehicles being banned from the property until they correct their problem. Any ideas in terms of what section these would fall under, and if so can you post the section too.

Thank you.

Danny E.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

For any laws they can be found on google by typing in: ontario elaws, then do a search for Highway Traffic Act, it is "Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8 " then check out section 7 in regards to validation on licence plates, section 12 in regards to plates being authorized on vehicles.

Another avenue would be to contact the local police and/or Crime Stoppers about these vehicles. Chances are there is more than just expired plates happening and you should not be directly involved.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Reflections

by: Reflections on

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.........G.I. Joe........ :D

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Falcon

by: Falcon on

Thank you very much, this is a great help, I just sent out the letter to the managment office. Hopefully somthing good will come out of all this trouble.

Post a Reply