A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

MichaelScott

Who Are You?

by: MichaelScott on

Hi there.

I wanted to "reply" elsewhere...but the more appropriate areas were "locked" to replies....so, here are a couple of questions...from a newbie to this site:

1. Who ARE you? (I'm a little edgy about conversing on a forum whose ownership is not stated anywhere on an "About" page") No offense intended whatsoever. Just like to know who I'm talking with/in front of.......your honor! :-)

2. Can I post without signing on? (I might have made the "mistake" of registering with my "actual" name, and, again, I'm a little edgy about having a conversation about outstanding charges that officers might not only be READING.......but RUNNING!)

3. How do I "check" the credibility of any respondents to my posts? (Many/most forums have clickable profile names for participants where you can see REAL names, contact info, send private messages etc. I don't see that here. For example, who the heck is ynotp? He answered nbzezinski's question about going 116 in a 100 zone......but.......who is he when he has his pants on?)

Thanks for the site......and the intriguing discussion.......but some "cred" would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

(1) About myself... I have nothing to do with this site and do not know who owns it or who runs, and really does not matter to me one way another. I am just ineterested in sharing information with regards to provincial offences.

(2) You must be logged in to post. You could create another account with a throw away email address and a generic name like John Doe. I do not use my real name when I post.

(3) To check credibility, you must do your own due diligence. Anything I post is simply my opinion and is not legal advice. My opinion is based on my own research and own experiences and it may or may not be correct.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

by: UnluckyDuck on

1) this is the general public expressing their opinions. As far as I know, it could be a police officer, Justice of Peace, Prosecutor, Justin Trudeau, Donald Trump, etc. Best thing about being anonymous, no one comes after you. Personally, I'm a 21 year old college kid who knows the law a little too well.

2) You have to sign on, how else would people know who's talking to them? Don't worry about using your real name. The chances of police actually running checks on you are very slim, and even if they did, there's probably over 1000 Michael Scott's in Ontario. Police don't have time to individually check all of them.

3) Cred wise you need to figure out for yourself. This forum is here for advice, not legal representation. Everything you do is done at YOUR free will, and has no repercussions to us. Like I always say, people can talk until they're blue in the face, but the other person will only listen if they want to. Everything said here is others opinions based on experience. If you really care a lot about credibility, seek legal council, but usually people here are trustworthy.

Welcome to the Forum

bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

my real name is mr.ajob first name bob :)

with anything on the internet, when it's on its on forever and a day, also the posts can only be edited I believe for a certain time span so you may come back in 24hours and can't edit anything so my advice to you is

1> DOUBLE/TRIPLE check what you want to post, do it anonymously, i would even go so far as to withhold too much about car details and street locations.

so instead of posting, at 5pm today I was driving up at steeles and eglinton and my 2006 black bentley continental hit a .....

too much info right :)

I had an accident in my car here in TO, I got a ticket for xyz please help

2> I would say that there are a lot of LEO's on here, purely on reading some of the advise and THAT is not a bad thing, as an outsider and newbie to the country

it gave me a good insite

3> I would say at least 90% of the advise is accurate, anyone coming on here BS'ing gets you shot down pretty quick

4> Will anyone check your details, doubt it, BUT YOU DONT KNOW, I DONT KNOW, anyone with google sitting in a car on a night shift with nothing to do can ;)

5> You will need to read the threads and you will see who has got good cred, take you a few weeks to see whoe's who

my top peeps are jsherk, Radar Identified, hwybear , the admin, all the mods are all cool, but thats just my opinion

I've had good reply posts from plenty of people on here, so I@d play it like this

just be 10% paranoid (to be safe)

Me, I used to drive a Porsche, came from the UK, live in the GTA, not in any kind of Law enforcement or judiciary and that's all you'll get from me ;)

oh and feel free to PM anyone

Hope that helps

peace out

ps my real name isnt bob :) google bobajob

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

viper1 wrote:I have been here from start.

I just help when I can.

Cheers

Viper1

^^^ yeah viper gets my vote to

another hint look at the STARS and post count

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”