Dorito

147 In 90 Zone - First Offence - Probable Outcome?

by: Dorito on

Hi,

I got pulled over for doing 147 in a posted 90 zone on hwy 17 heading east towards Ottawa where I live. My car was impounded for 7 days and the officer took my licence. I'll probably go with one of those traffic ticket places. I don't feel like driving to North Bay 4 or 5 times.

The initial shock has passed. I'm not really concerned with the logistics of getting the car back. I've gotten rides from family all week to get to and from work. I've already chosen a company to try and help fight the ticket. That stuff is pretty much taken care of.

Now to let this charge churn it's way through the system...

My questions:

I'm just wondering how likely it is that I would have to spend some time in the slammer?

I've never been pulled over before and have never received a ticket in my life.

If I do have to go to jail, do I get any advance notice for this? As in, can I somehow book some time off work, or would they just nab me right there at the trial? Should I bring my PJ's and a toothbrush to my court date? Lol!

How long are we talking here: just a night, or a few weeks?

Dorito

by: Dorito on

I went with Traffic Ticket Solutions. I'm in Ottawa and I really didn't feel like driving to North Bay several times. It cost about $1,200 in fees so far. My first court date was at the end of September which they attended.

It keeps getting adjourned, I'm not really sure why. This has happened about 4 times now. They tell me it is because they haven't had a chance to talk to the prosecutor yet. I went and called the prosecutor myself once and he didn't recall being approached by TTC.

Not sure what's going on there.

Post a Reply