Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
fighter84

Officer Parked In Front Of Address That Doesnt Exist. Urgent

by: fighter84 on

Going up tomorrow for a "disobey stop sign" trial.

Officer claims he was parked in front of an address that doesn't exist.

Quote exactly from his paragraph of a note. (all caps lol)

"PARKED WPS 6187 ON HAWTHORNE EAST OF LAUZON 4 WAY STOP MONITORING INTERSECTION DUE TO AREA COMPLAINTS OBSERVE A GRAY CHEV CAVALIER N/B LAUZON APPROACH INTERSECTION VEHICLE SLOWS BUT DOESN'T COMPLETELY STOP AND PROCEEDS THROUGH. SIGNS ERECT, UNOBSTRUCTED WITH STOP LINE + CROSSWALK LINES. STOPPED ID VODL, PERMIST INSURANCE AT TECUMSEH MALL." ISSUED PON. ROADS DR, CLOUDY, WARM, LIGHT TRAFFIC."

problem with that is that address doesn't exist and the 6000 block of Hawthorne actually exists way westbound from that intersection and ends in a dead end as you can see from the following image. (the google map thing still shows the red marker but it's not there I went and physically checked.)

What's the best way to go about this and exploit this to hopefully win this one for the little guy? Please help guys if you can.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

I don't think that's an address, just the police cruiser or police unit number. He simply says he was parked on Hawthorne east of Lauzon. Regardless an incorrect address probably wouldn't make much of a difference if he correctly identified the intersection where he was parked.

fighter84

Stanton wrote:I don't think that's an address, just the police cruiser or police unit number. He simply says he was parked on Hawthorne east of Lauzon. Regardless an incorrect address probably wouldn't make much of a difference if he correctly identified the intersection where he was parked.

after viewing the intersection on google street from an east POV there is a clear obstruction by a fence and a cement city bus/transit bench from where my car appraoched. From my understanding I have to take the pic myself to be able to submit it as evidence? I'm almost done reading the ticket combat website going to atleast try some hail marys tomorrow lol.

fighter84

in the end I took a deal "interfere with traffic" no demerit points and same find amout ($85)... no insurance hit, hopefully.

I had a defense ready but it was a roll of the dice and I figured it was best to avoid it.

They didn't want to make a deal because of an outstanding fine from like 7 years ago but I talked them into it.

Post a Reply