SafetyMoose

Got A Red Light Ticket Last Night

by: SafetyMoose on

Ok so at about 10:30 I was driving down highway 7 as you most know it was snowing bad. As I was approaching the 7 and Weston intersection I was going west the light turned yellow I was going sixty and slammed on my brakes unfortnatley I started skidding and right as I was about to cross the line it snaps my plate. it was either Stop in the middle of the intersection and get hit by the left hand turn cars or just go right through. Can I fight this in court or am I screwed. What will my insurance say?

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

Red Light Tickets don't affect your driver's abstract nor your insurance; they have no way of identifying the driver, only the offending vehicle. If you fail to respond/pay the ticket, you'll end up paying for it in full with admin fees when you renew your license plate sticker.

In court... they'll tell you the obvious, "you were driving too fast for the conditions". Even if a Police Officer stopped you for running the red light, it's an absolute liability offence; courts are uninterested as to why you didn't stopped, only whether you did or not.

You can file it for trial, and ask for a reduced fine and extra time to pay; if you don't have money, you can setup a monthly install plan with the courts (ie. $20/mth).

CumminsDiesel

by: CumminsDiesel on

SafetyMoose wrote:Ok so at about 10:30 I was driving down highway 7 as you most know it was snowing bad. As I was approaching the 7 and Weston intersection I was going west the light turned yellow I was going sixty and slammed on my brakes unfortnatley I started skidding and right as I was about to cross the line it snaps my plate. it was either Stop in the middle of the intersection and get hit by the left hand turn cars or just go right through. Can I fight this in court or am I screwed. What will my insurance say?

Take it to trial and see what happens.

Post a Reply