Mage

Markham Rd Traffic Court Procedures

by: Mage on

I was hoping to get some advice on how court room procedures work, particularly the on at Markham Rd.

My ticket is for speeding 25 over, and I just don't know how it works. I guess it'd be worthwhile to watch how it works, but I just started at 9-5 job and I can't ask for time off yet.

I just wanted to understand, if the cop doesn't show up, will you know beforehand? or will I have to be able to identify him, and plead not guilty before they drop the charges? What about if I didn't receive disclosure, do I mention it before they ask me how I plead? what if the cop isn't there?

It would be great if someone could break down the order of things so I can get a feel of how it works.

I'm really sorry if these seem like very silly questions. I've been trying to read up on how it works but I haven't been able to find a detailed explanation. Any tips and advice would help!

Mage

by: Mage on

Hi! Thanks for the reply, I read through the ticket combat site. It was very helpful!

I'm still a little unsure when I would find out if a cop hadn't shown up. I'm scared that I ask for an adjournment due to lack of disclosure, but only to realize afterwards that the cop hadn't shown up...

Side question: what happens if I send my disclosure in by fax from my home number? would that be unwise because then they would have my number even though I didn't include it on the disclosure? Should I seek somewhere else to send a fax?

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

At Markham I have seen the prosecutor refer you to the officer about a potential charge reduction. The officer is almost always present I wouldn't bank on them not showing. If you don't see them you can always ask the prosecutor if they are present. Ticket Combat presents a few different strategies but there are many ways to approach a case and your strategy will depend on the particulars of your specific case.

Post a Reply