Speeding 37 Over On 401

Syule

Speeding 37 Over On 401

Unread post by Syule »

I was heading east bound on 401 outside of Windsor. I did not see the construction zone sign as it was Sunday. The police office pulled me over said I was 37 over and I told him I thought I was 15 and had no idea. $277 later and 4 pts- he told me he put a R on the ticket showing he reduced the amount since the fine could have been doubled. My last speeding ticket was 1990.

Do I go to Blenheim where the court is to plead it down, hire someone or just pay it. I have no idea!!!!!

Thanks

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

Syule wrote:I was heading east bound on 401 outside of Windsor. I did not see the construction zone sign as it was Sunday. The police office pulled me over said I was 37 over and I told him I thought I was 15 and had no idea. $277 later and 4 pts- he told me he put a R on the ticket showing he reduced the amount since the fine could have been doubled. My last speeding ticket was 1990.

Do I go to Blenheim where the court is to plead it down, hire someone or just pay it. I have no idea!!!!!

Thanks

Should you decide to fight your ticket all the way to trial and try to convince a judge you were not speeding, they will go back to the original fine of double for construction zone.

If you're looking to just reduce it further, it won't be by much if anything at all. Since it's already reduced, they will be less enthusiastic about wheeling and dealing with you. You can always go to court and try your luck. It doesn't cost anything and it's a pretty simple process.

If you're looking to file disclosure and get a copy of the officers notes, you'll have to do a bit more research.