Disobey Stop Sign - Fail To Stop

Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
bluefoxreg

Disobey Stop Sign - Fail To Stop

Unread post by bluefoxreg »

Hi, thanks for providing all the wonderful information, I got my ticket (85 set, 110 total) yesterday while leaving my friend's place in Mississauga. From my readings so far, it seems that I don't really have much options even if I believed I stopped at the sign (even just for a second). So, here are my questions:

1. Does select option 2 (Early Resolution) automatically indicate that I'm convicted of such offence?

2. If not, do I still get to request full disclosure and go to trail after opting for Early Resolution?

3. How likely is that there is no video evidence but just officer notes? (I for one find it ridiculous that you can convict/fine someone for something that'll make a pretty big impact without a solid evidence, but whatever...)

4. Since Mississauga doesn't seem to have any bylaws I could plead bargain to, it seems the only way out of this is section 11b?

Thanks for your help!

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

1) No. You can still go to trial.

2) Yes. In my experience the Crown will already have some disclosure ready for the early resolution meeting. Typically the Crown would at least want the officer's notes so that they can have an idea of how strong the charges are and if any reductions were already granted at the roadside.

3) Video evidence is rare, though I believe somewhat more common in the GTA.

bluefoxreg

Hi, thanks for the speedy reply, I guess this is pretty much a lost cause since the officer did mention about reduction of fail to have up to date insurance card AND vehicle permit. (Though I don't believe those two actually have points or insurance consequences, which I'd much rather take the fines for...) Just my luck I guess. So, the only hope is for 11b I suppose?

bluefoxreg

Now should I even bother start with early resolution + full disclosure (how would I even bring that up?) then ask for trial date or that's just complete waste of time since there are no municipal bylaws that they would be able to offer me that have no insurance impact?