A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Viarail

3 Tikets At Once

by: Viarail on

Today I got 3 tikets:

one for invalid plate stiker (late 6 days) my bad I forgot, 110$,

one for not having the valid insurance card. I again forgot to change the insurance card and I had the expired one on me . Its an automated renewal and i got it home. Gave me 65$ for that.

And one for no curently validated permit!!!!!!!(no stiker on the ownership) another 110$!!!!!!!!!

The first one, I admit I forgot, and I have no problem with that. I got the stiker already today.

The second, (insurance) I said that i will bring him the proof to the police station but he said that once I have the proof, I can go in court, show it and fine will be dropped....true???

Now, I have a problem with the third one. Is this not double dipping? Obviously with no stiker on the plate I do not have validation on the ownership neither......they come toghether!!!!!!

Do I have a chance here to drop the insurance fine once I show that i was insured at the time?

Also any chance of eliminating one of the "double dipping" ones?

Should I pay, meet with the prosecutor, or go to court (ouch!!).

(maybe Xcopper or something like that.....is it worth it?)

Anyone can help?

Thank You

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

I'd try meeting with the prosecutor before hiring anyone. I think there's a very good chance they'd let you plea to one charge in exchange for dropping the other two. Certainly one of the ownership tickets should be cancelled at the very least. Seems like a pretty cheap and pointless ticket to have given out.

paul1913

by: paul1913 on

It's not double dipping. I know people that have gotten convictions on them. Personally I wouldn't lay both unless the person talks themselves into it. I also agree that there is a good chance that it would be withdrawn, but there is no guarantee with that.

Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”