danc09

33km Over In An 80

by: danc09 on

Was travelling up hwy 35 around Lindsay following a group of ten cars id say. On the other side of the highway (single lane both ways) a cop drove by me. Bit further down he made a u turn and pulled me over. Said i was going 33 over. I didnt ask for what method of radar he clocked me with or acknowledge that i was speeding. Was kind of shocked that i got pulled, ive never been pulled over before. To make matters worse their were a few empty beers in the back with two of my friends and a whole cooler full. The officer said that he didnt want to ruin the long weekend and let us keep our beer. And gave the two in the back an open liquor ticket. I didnt bother asking for a reduction than because i thought it couldve been worse since it was accessible to the driver. Im turning 22 and have had my g for a few years. Havent had any sort of ticket or offense, not even a parking ticket. Normally i dont drive over the limit but we were in a hurry to get up and followed the pace of traffic, poor excuse. I didnt want the cooler in the truck but my friends insisted. Bad choice on my part. Their were 3 empty cans in the back. We were close to our destination so i didnt stop them. The cop insisted that i do a one on one to to attempt to reduce the charges. He was really nice with the whole situation. Im not familliar with all this law stuff and am wondering how i should proceed.

thanks

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

Yes filing for trial was the correct thing to do. You should have a chance to meet with the prosecutor on the day your trial is scheduled at which time you can try to work out a plea deal or decide to fight. In the mean time start preparing as if you are going to take it all the way to trial, that will show the prosecution that you are serious which will help you when you are negotiating with them and it is good to be ready just in case you can't work out a deal with the prosecution and have to go to trial.

danc09

by: danc09 on

Few Questions:

Is an early resolution date the actual trial? Or if we cant get to a resolution or plea deal only than is a trial scheduled?

Mine is this wednesday, what exactly do you do? Any tips. I think i screwed up my chances. Procrastinated hard on my situation, didnt even request disclosure :? Just kept on delaying, next thing you know its two weeks till my meeting, so i didnt bother, doubt i would of gotten it in time.

Thanks

Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h”